As technology continues to evolve at a breakneck pace, the eLearning industry continues to evolve as well. From the rise of mobile learning and the rise of artificial intelligence (in everything!), the industry is constantly changing and adapting to the needs and expectations of learners. Whether you’re an educator, instructional designer, learning advisor, or training manager (or just interested in the future of learning). These eLearning industry trends are shaping the eLearning industry and worth checking out.
Discover six eLearning industry trends
- Mobile-first. More and more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet, and this trend is only going to continue. As a result, eLearning providers are increasingly developing mobile-friendly content that can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
- Micro-Learning. Learners want “just-in-time” and bite-sized learning. They have a specific issue or problem they want to solve in that moment and want a solution they can apply quickly. Breaking down learning content into smaller, bite-sized chunks can make eLearning more manageable and engaging. This approach can help to prevent cognitive overload and improve retention.
- Adaptive learning. Adaptive learning is a personalized learning approach that uses data to deliver content that is tailored to each learner’s individual needs. This type of learning can be more effective than traditional learning methods, as it helps learners to learn more quickly and retain information better.
- Blended learning. Blended learning is a combination of traditional classroom instruction and online learning. This type of learning can be more effective than traditional learning methods, as it allows learners to learn at their own pace and in their own way.
- Gamification. Gamification is the use of game-like elements in non-game contexts. This type of learning can be more engaging and effective than traditional learning methods, as it helps learners to learn more quickly and retain information better.
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are two emerging technologies that have the potential to revolutionize eLearning. VR can create immersive learning experiences that allow learners to experience new places and situations. AR can overlay digital information on the real world, which can be used to enhance learning experiences.
Shaping the Future of Learning
These are just some of the eLearning industry trends that are shaping eLearning. Technology continues to evolve. Therefore, we can expect to see even more innovative and effective ways for learners, to consume content and apply their learning on the job. Learning is a critical strategy supporting a company’s workforce competence and project compliance. If you’re not using one or more of these cutting-edge approaches to learning, contact us for a free consultation with one of our consultants. We would be happy to help you get started on your journey.